Thursday, June 17, 2010

Never liked tube tops...until now

I cannot believe it has been so long since I've posted anything to House of Violet! My computer finally died after a long period of randomly shutting down when I was in the middle of something, claiming to need a battery charge while it was PLUGGED IN. It's still dead, but I've resorted to using our impossibley slow home computer. I realize I sound liek the typical spoiled American teen with a delusional dependency on technology right now, but it literally takes a minute or two to load every single screen, and freezes frequently. I don't even bother with facebook anymore. The creeping is not worth it.

So my apologies for my online absence, and now to the point: I actually made this shirt for New Year's Eve and ended up not wearing it that night, so here it is in a more seasonal context. Can I pull off the rock look? Probably not, but I can say that all the instruments photographed are mine, so why not? The jeans are Roxy and the necklace is J. Crew. I do, in fact, normally hate tube tops, but that is because the ones they have in stores are always cotton and striped and 0% flattering on anyone, not to mention completely without inspiration. I like the one below (obviously, since I made it, but I don't mean to brag) but it does still pose the problem of having to re-adjust yourself bothersomely often.








The shirt was made by layering purple satin and a white gauzy material, with silk chiffon side inserts in a Pucci-esque print - a purchase I made at my glorious trip to Mood Fabrics, where they film project runway. The bust detail is a sequined shape cut from another kind of fabric surrounded by shredded fragments of the green material and some pieces of white feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment