Also, I see so many girls flouncing around in flowery sun dresses or tube tops when there is still snow on the ground. How does that possibly make sense? And sorry, putting a cardigan over something doesn't automatically make it seasonal, even if it keeps you a bit warmer. Fashion is not all about functionality; if it were, it wouldn't be nearly as popular.
I realize I am kind of being a downer with this post; everyone wishes spring would get here already, so why can't we anticipate a little with some seasonly advanced fashion fixtures? Here are some positive reasons to hold off on you spring wardrobe a little longer:
- If you're a true shopper in the first place, you probably still have tons of winter clothes that aren't tired out yet.
- If you really don't, winter stuff is on clearance now, while the more seductive spring pieces are full price if not racked up ridiculously high.
- It's COLD.
- Wearing springy pieces may make you happy for a little while, but when warm weather doesn't come around for awhile, it will probably just make you more depressed.
- What do you plan to do when June comes around and you've exhausted not only your wallet, but your wardrobe? If I started wearing spring stuff now, I would certainly not have enough cute outfits to last me through August.
- It just LOOKS BAD. and that is a fact. (ok, so not a very positive one)