Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Agatha de la Ruiz Prada

So I've done some research and I have definitely found runway art. One of my new favorite designers is now officially Madrid-based Agatha de la Ruiz Prada. If you're not familiar with her, I recommend checking out her website: http://www.agatharuizdelaprada.com/eng/home
Just viewing the home page will give you a pretty good idea about her style - it's mesmerizing.

Anyways, looking at her photos from her most recent fashion shows (she even has an online museum on her website) has opened my eyes to the world of art first, clothing second. And really, why create a piece of art that hangs on a wall or clothing that is only for modesty and warmth when you can create art that moves around on a living, breathing, catwalking human being? Or better yet, a nearly superhuman, super-gorgeous supermodel?

Here are some of my favorite pieces:


I want these tightss...
I wonder how she didn't fall? This is awesome, but to be honest, I would pretty mad if I had the opportunity to model in Milan fashion week and then had my face completely covered by an eye ball.




All of these photos are from her official website, mentioned above, under the Milan 2010 show.

No comments:

Post a Comment